I don’t think I need to point out to anyone how much of a lost year 2020 was, but I was fortunate to escape it mostly unscathed, and accomplished quite a bit.
- I started work at an amazing top tier tech company that actually pays a living wage and recognizes hard work. I was able to start right as the pandemic did, thanks to the wonders of remote working
- I moved to a much nicer area, due to the above living wage
- I interviewed at a top tier video game company. I wasn’t hired, but the fact I was considered was incredible feeling
- I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes the year prior, and was able to cut my A1C in half this year by not eating so much garbage
- I played a copious amount of video games
- My niece was born and I absolutely love spending time with her
- The ARM based Mac’s finally came out that I was waiting for years prior
- I took the entire year off from social media
- I’ve now been dating a wonderful girl for two years
- We’ve spent almost every minute of the year together and haven’t hated it
- I proposed and she said yes
I never thought the first and last bullet point would be a thing for me, so I’m still getting used to it as I come close to my 33rd birthday.
As I mentioned, we were very fortunate to not suffer as so many have this year. If 2021 is anything like 2020, the one change I would make is getting back in the swing of things as far as physical fitness and learning stuff on the side. I was so lazy this year as far as creating anything or sharpening skills I already have.
I hope at the end of next year, I’m able to write something as positive as this.